Thursday 9 June 2011

"Jillibean Soup" "Strawberry Soup" with flowers and corrugated cardboard!!

 I have scrapped this photo before in a wallet size. I  love the French Riviera look of it and decided to use it again. i photographed it on an old weatherbeaten table top in my garden.

Erica from Your scrapbook Stash sent me Jillibean Soup to work with last month and I still have some more of it left. I have been stretching the papers by cutting away pieces where it can not be seen. Erica always sends me such awsome DT kits!!





































I distressed all the edges and painted with white gesso along all sides as well as a little wearing and  tearing.
I measured out the piece of cardboard I needed and even painted that. I had a round piece of pp that I cut away from my "Blue Eyed Boy" layout in the previous post.
I divided that in two and added the halves  at each side, together with half of a doily.
I made a pleated flower, but I don't really like how the colour appears in this photo.It looks a lot better IRL. I added some of my new mulberry flowers that I bought off the Internet and some word stickers from the Jillibean sticker sheet.
The awsome little twig or swirl, I don't know what to call the beauty, is by Imaginarium Designs. They manufacture the most beautiful lazer cut chipboard shapes and are sponsoring us on the OUAS design team the whole year. How is that for GENEROUS!!!!?
If you want to buy the chipboards, or start by having a closer look at them,you go HERE to Seriously Scrapbooking.




























I painted the chipboard with my white paint and added it to balance off my other embellishments. I even added some sweet pink half pearls to add more softness to my design.


 Erica also sent me a sheet of white corrugated chipboards from Jillibean Soup. They are so pretty and versatile. I painted them with my green jenni Bowlin paint dabber from Your Scrapbook Stash and then inked them so they would show off more on the page.




























I added some thin twine to a few buttons, and I think thats it really.....
Here are a couple of more close ups for you!

 

I actually love the combo of the pink with the green. I must do that again.

























I hope you have enjoyed what I had to share today.

I would love for you to leave a comment if you are here.

Yesterday my blog had more than 200 hits which is almost a record for me. But I was so sad because I could not see where you came from and for several hours people could not comment. Seemed like commenting was part of a lottery!
From time to time I like to watch the Feedjit feed moving, buy mine did not move. Today it is a little better as at least one or two visits show up on the chart.....grr %%^>><!##4#¤ grrr...
I have spent literally hours too, trying to comment on beautiful submissions for OUAS with no help at all from Mr. Blogger!! Enough now!!
Hope it will be better tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting

9 comments:

  1. I love jillibean papers as well and you did very good job with ! Congratulations. your layout is very refreshing !
    Hugs from France !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the same problems I attempted 4 times on one of your layouts to leave a comment so frustrating. Anyway beautiful page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is even more beautiful than this morning when I was getting angry at the blogger... You're right about the pink/green combination. But the photo is absolutely precious ;)
    Big hugs,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Gorgeous!! Love the way you've used the white gesson and distressed your edges, love the corrugated board (we seem to share a love of this..lol..almost finished with another LO with a large piece of it :))...your pleated flower is fabulous...love the twine threaded through the button, the beautiful chipboard, leaves and flowers...plus, the really gorgeous photo...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, Bente! So much gorgeous detail and dimension and texture and layers! Just love your work so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry you've been having Blogger problems Bente. No more for me since I changed from Firefox to Google Chrome. You should get a Shiny Stat meter if you don't have one - that will send you a weekly update of your stats plus a bar graph so you can see how many hits you got per day, how many pages were read & how many minutes were spent. All very interesting. Now you know I think that daughter of yours is such a beautiful girl - is she the one going off to Uni? I know you have 2 big girls so sometimes I get a bit confused...I love the corrugated board & the gesso, everything has great effect here & as you say that photo is just so French!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW.... love it... what a stunning young woman you have there.. she is gorgeous..
    i love the layers..and that photo..perfect...yay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh là là very Amélie de Montparnasse! she is such a stunner and that cloche hat is really so chic on her. Love the pink and green too, something so feminine about it. The Jillibean Soup pps really are delicious, absolutely scrummie page Bente! Jobbar som en besatt de sista veckorna innan sommarsemestrarna, imorse hade jag ställt frukosten i micron istället för att äta den. Inte konstigt magen knorrade framåt 10.00-tiden ... Jamis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Corrugated Box Manufacturer in Bangalore
    Adarsha Packaging is a Bangalore based manufacturer and supplier of packaging products. We provide customized corrugated packaging for different types of products and ensure high quality and safest packaging boxes.

    Corrugated Box Manufacturers
    Corrugated Box Manufacturer in Bangalore
    packaging material manufacturers Bangalore
    5 ply corrugated Box manufacturers
    Corrugated Boxes

    FOR MORE DETAILS VISIT http://www.adarshapackaging.in/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...