Thursday 20 October 2011

Guest Designer at Your Scrapbook Stash. Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue



A while back I was lucky enough to be asked by Erica at Your Scrapbook Stash to be a guest designer there this month.
I received a gorgeous kit filled with "Pink Paislee" "Vintage Vogue" goodness and also some sweet papers and stickers from the "Simple Stories" "Baby Steps" line.

I dug right into my parcel and picked some Pink Paislee to start with.

The colours here look so pretty together and makes me think of a fifties ice cream parlour or an old fifties movie. The colours are quite pastel, but I find they work well for both boys and girls.
On this layout I used the rosettes and the spool buttons as well as the ephemera.
The wooden alphabet that was included in my kit is adorable and so easy to paint or mist in any shade that you like.-Or you can keep it plain.... On my first page I decided to use acrylic paint to make it pink.



In this close up you get a better view of one of the rosettes.
I added a spool button on top and some bling.


And here you can appreciate that alphabet better .
You can still see the wood through the paint. 
As a base for my title I used one of the banners.            



The second layout I would like to share today is one of my little nephew. He sis such a cutie and alöways up to mischief.
Like a typical little boy he finds his "toys" everywhere.

I cut out a rounded piece from the paper with the letter pattern and picked some of the many pretty flags/banners from the ephemera pack. I cut them in half and stuck them underneath my shaped paper. Then I went for my buttons jar. I added amall buttons all along the edge for a happy look.


This time I used some mist to color the wooden title.
In my kit I even received some pink and lilac twine.
I decided the lilac one would go well with my colours here and decided to write part of my title with it. It turned out pretty cool I think, except I wish I had done it a bit bigger as it was a bit tricky!
        

One last close up and you have seen it all...



Thanks for dropping by. Your visits mean a lot to me!!

12 comments:

  1. CONGRATS Bente on your GDT possie!! These layouts are simply gorgeous!! I love the adorable rosette and oh my all those buttons are so eye catching!! Take care :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being GDT at YSS. Your work is just awesome. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS on the GDT!! That is AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee both of these! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and love love love all the buttons on the second one! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the DT gig, great news indeed! Both pages are absolutely beautiful! very different from your other style, but I really do like these crisper pages too! absolutely adorable pics of Bea by the sea. LOVE the papers and can sure see you did too! ha ha little boys are little boys, so very typical of your nephew. Really so cool with the twine title and all the cute buttons and the banner. take care! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making the GDT!! The beach photos couldn't be more perfect for the color pallet in your first LO ~ simply gorgeous! Just love how you used the twine to create part of your title on the next page!! Thanks for the inspiration! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what beautiful pages! Your photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on DT, love what you have created with the line, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours you are using on your layouts...so soft and pretty. I am totally going to lift your idea with the button banner...so very creative.

    Great layouts Bente.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Big congrats to you Bente! Love these lo's ...nice clean lines! Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning Lo's.... and the photos are beautiful too... a BIG congrats on the DT spot xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, this SO cute!!!
    cherubs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue!! And love what you have done with it - especially your semi-circle with the buttons :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...