Thursday 19 January 2012

Color Combos Galore #215 Puttin' on the Ritz

Welcome to the latest challenge over at Color Combos Galore!
We have a lovely colour combination for you this week that's perfect for those birthday pictures that you maybe never got round to scrapping. Or perhaps the lovely shots from this Spring. They are even perfect for those beautiful Winter photos that you like so much. If you like pastels this is definitely a challenge for you!!

Do you want to you have a closer look?



All the information that you need is on the inspiration board. Please read carefully!

And here is my layout.I still feel there is something missing on it but I will work it out un due time.



 While I ponder what I can do to make it better I will share some close ups:



 I love this photo of Victoria. i have scrapped it before and probably will again,... :-)


I had so much fun with the fan pleated flowers, but they took more time to do than I had expected.
And they were quite tricky to stick down on the page to in the right way.



 The paper flowers go diagonally across the page. I used a combination of papers fro Echo Park,and Prima. The chrystal flower center is also by Prima marketing.
I used a combination of mists, in a small dosis though as I am just starting on that road. I used Mr Hueys, Tattered Angels and OA Sprinklers. To the rosettes I added dots of gesso to tone them down a bit.


So I guess by now :-) you can see how I was inspired by the hats in the photo... How about you?
I am looking forward to seeing your interpretations soon!


Finally I would like to toot a tiny little bit because I have been in the Top 3 again at Two Peas In a Bucket.
Please indulge me...The first of these was some time ago.




 Yesterday I was lucky again.





And this one I had really forgotten about.. 
It was mentioned over at the Echo Park blog quite some time ago.


To those still with me... have a glorious day!!



.

10 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I love all the rosettes!! And YAY for the 2p's shout out!! That's awesome! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on roll!! That layout filled with paper rosettes are gorg!! Congrats on your top 3's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all of those pinwheel flowers, Bente! Gorgeous layout, and there's not a thing missing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the accordion blooms flowing over your page, like little mini umbrellas dancing! Wooot woot! WTG Bente! congrats on the top 3 features, really really so happy for you! RÅHÄFTIGT! bara att gotta sig vetja! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a striking page - love your misting

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful, love design and all of those pinwheel flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the Top 3!! Not at all surprised....your work is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic page, I love how each center is different, glorious abundant rosettes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Bente! So many things I want to say! First off, can I say this loud enough? CONGRATULATIONS on the Top Three at Two Peas!! WOW! What a high, that must of been so thrilling to discover! And not once, but TWICE!!! Awesome, awesome, awesome! LOVE the accordian flowers on the CCG page, she looks so ritzy and glamorous, gorgeous page! much love and hugs, J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...