Friday 13 January 2012

Les papiers de Pandore "En Attendent" It is early spring I believe!!


 Today we have had lovely sunny weather. It is still too cold though,for the cat to want to be outside. We are laughing a little at her, because the whole winter she has refused to go outside. In warmer conditions we cannot keep her inside,...
Well actually I have been feeling a bit reluctant to go outside myself....
We have had so many storms, gales and rain, rain, rain lately that the rays of sun we got today felt like a true gift!! 
It was so nice to be reminded that we actually do get sun up here in beautiful Scandinavia,too....
We just have to wait for it...But the wonderful Summer, shiort as it is ,..is SO worth waiting for!


 Today I was standing at my scrapdesk in the sun and this time I reached for the beautiful winter collection from Julie Blanc.
It is called "En Attendent" and is a real gem.

In a couple of weeks I am hoping to share the new magic that Julie has created for her company "Les Papiers de Pandore". I have seen the designs for the new collection on our DT forum and it is AMAZING!!
I can't wait to start creating with it!!

This is what I made today:



 I had some cute photos on my desk that I printed out a while ago and wanted to scrap. 
These were just the right papers to get the job done. 

Recently I bought a new mask that I wanted to try. 
I added light turquoise 'bricks' in the background with the mask.
I outlined the top of each brick in pencil and then added a little bit of dimentional snow paint to the 'bricks'


I cut a frame from one of the papers and distressed it. I sewed it to my background adding a strip of gray paper from top to bottom.
I fussy cut a lot of snowflakes from pp and decided where they should go. I embellished them with some glitter and liquid pearls.
To make my photo stand out more I added a narrow mat the same colour grey that I used in the strip.
I also cut out a red round piece of pp and fastened both together. 
I used my sewing machine again to make sure all the layers were securely fastened to the base.



Then I picked out some awesome  chipboard from Imaginarium Designs that I really love.
I used the small alphabet (HERE) and half of a swirl (HERE). I painted them with the same dimentional snow paint I used for the bricks. I find it adds such a lot of texture.


 I used a fussy cut journaling spot together with the chipboard for my title. The tiny letter stickers are from "Making Memories".


I picked a Prima flower and some more flowers and leaves from my stash as extra embellishments.
I used some pink Tattered Angels glimmer mist to colour the small pink bloom in this picture.


Lastly I have one more photo of the whole layout to share. 
I have been waiting so long for a little light and in this photo, although not the best of shots admittedly, you can really see that the light is back! Hurray! 
I like the way the sun casts shadows on my page.


Take care my sweet bloggy friends, Come back soon!

.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Bente! Just simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo and stuning layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bente, this is stunning! Just love the aqua & pink brick works with their snowy outline in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page Bente, love the masked brickwork in the background, the distressing and the lovely colours, adorable pic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! GORGEOUS photo and loving the pearls!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Bente, what a beautiful and magical page! This is stunning! I'm anxious to see the new collection too! This is purely gorgeous! Love the photo, the blooms, the design, everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nydelig bilde, deilige farger!

    God helg til deg Bente!

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bente, this is one of my favourites, love the use of the mask and that snow is adorable, such a gorgeous pic and love the cute hat, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - this was gorgeous. Love the colors and the way you've set this up. The picture is really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. soooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful .. you merge your colors perfectly with your photos .... this is so magical and sparkly ... I left a comment on your previous post too .... divine work xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. OIJ!!! SÅ lekkert!!!
    FArgene og uttrykket er bare nydelig!!!

    Tusen takk for koselig kommentar i bloggen min!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love the soft colours and that fantastic photo of Bea, her red jacket really pops against the background of lovely sparkle and texture! Snow paint huh, always does the the trick! so looking forward to seeing the new LPdP papers too and I know that anything you scrap with them, will be just gorgeous! tack för surret min vän, kul att höra din röst! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...