Monday 4 June 2012

Beauty and Grace, -More from the Nook kit using "Summer Fresh"

I am so happy with my kit from MY Scrapbook Nook. The colours are very happy and the patterns are lovely and it includes some cute embellishments  from Jillybean Soup,too!!

Today I have a card and a Layout to share. 

The layout is showing my eldest daughter Alexandra who moved to the UK last October to attend university. In a few weeks she will be back home for her Summer hols.We are all looking forward to that. Thank god for Skype thet lets the whole family have long conversations over the computer. 
What a wonderful invention!! 



These kind of papers and patterns don't really lend themselves to my usual rather shabby layered style so I wanted to try another approach. 
I picked some of my favourite sheets. To blend them together and add some pizzazz I decided to use a sheet of  red cardstock and mat most of my elements with that. 
I think it adds freshness to my design, (that I decided to keep quite simple).

It felt a bit strange to use two 4x6 photos as the style nowadays is more towards the smaller sizes.

For the blooms I used my old trusted jumbo retro punch and layered two flowers with a button in the middle. The saying that I cut from one of the papers, and the flowers too, were pop dotted to my page.



Just look at those so so cute butterfly pins from Jillibean Soup. Aren't they just adorable. I will add a photo of just the pins at the end of my post. And that little Jillibean corrugated  house also comes in the kit together with a whole bunch of others similar. Mine was painted and inked. I wrapped some orange twine around the tag. The kit even includes some yellow twine.



For the title I used the stickers from the large 12x12 sticker sheet. There are also small letters and some word stickers on the sheet that you can see I used on the birthday card below.


 More of the cool pieces that can be cut out from one of the sheets!


 Finally the last close up of the layout: 

 Everything here is from the kit except the red cardstock and the two buttons!!

The forum at the Nook is a very friendly place indeed, and when I first was introduced I noticed they have a few nice traditions. 
One of the sweet thoughtful things the designers do is to make a card and post a special birthday greeting for the members who have a birthday.
This month I signed up to make a card for my new friend Patricia who joined the DT at the same time I did. She is such a wonderfully creative person and you can visit her blog HERE.



I used pop dots to add some dimension to the design at the front of the card.

That was all for today my friends. Enjoy the rest of your week.
I'll be back again soon!



Hugs!

19 comments:

  1. Som vanlig,nydelig!! Klem fra systa <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how versatile your scrapping style is. Matting in Red definitely makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så läcker layout med härliga detaljer. Gulligt kort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just wonderful, Bente! cute idea using that bit of cardboard on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That layout is just stunning. You are working wonders with the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh Bente that´s the first colorful page of yours I see, since aI start to follow you...I love you just rock on colors.
    Like speciallly because you used a very brazilian combination, yellow and

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet stitching and I love your "garden-y" colors.
    Big hugs,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work - both the layout and the card! I love the big photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your page! What a gorgeous daughter you have. And Patricia's card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just wonderful, Bente!I love your page!
    cute idea using that bit of cardboard on your page!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are GORGEOUS!!! LOVING the colors and your designs are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Lovely Bente!! love the bright colours
    Take care! HUgs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This kit stretched my creativity, but once I got flowing with it, I felt like I liked what I did. And you did amazing with the kit! Your style is still coming through and just so stunning., thank you so much for the card. I just love it! You are so sweet. I hope your daughter gets home soon. She is beautiful! Just like her Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous job on the style experimentation Bente. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous work my friend! Love your happy and colorful layout! And your cards are so gorgeous♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunning!! love the LO, so fresh and colorful. And the card is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful page love the fresh summer colors and a cool design sweet card to.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Bente what fabulous creations you've made with your kit! All of them look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...