Saturday 28 March 2015

'My Sweet daughter', March project for Blue Fern Studios.


Hello friends, I'm back! :-)

Yup, I realize I've been a very bad blogger lately but today I actually have a page to share with you. 
I have been scrapping behind the scenes and will post a few more things soon.So finally a page and I'm using one of the stunningly beautiful papers from the Blue Fern Studios Ombre Dreams collection.
Each and every one of those patterned papers inspire me immensely!




This sheet has a blue and purple background that is very helpful if you want to do some mixed media work on top. The work is half done for you so to speak:-) I used some of the new stamps from the Love Story collection here as well. I used them around the edges and in the center. Stamps are
perfect for creating a beautiful setting for your photo.


I painted the chipboard pieces bright yellow to match my DD's jacket. 
I used the lid of a glue stick to stamp the round shapes and filled them in rather haphazardly with some 
more of the yellow acrylic paint.



Below you get a closer look at how I used the stamps.


 (For this page I used: Love Story Stamps set one, Love Story Stamps set two, Manor Hinges,  
Ombre Dreams paper collection, Arrow words set, Notebook Edges.)

Thanks for looking !

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Art Bente, so vivid and cheery. I'm a huge fan of Blue Fern and Ombre dreams in particular. You've made the papers sing; love the way you've enhanced the background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! Stunning photo and beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bente, it's just stunning, love the colour combo and the stamping. Love the flower cluster, hope you are good and I know what you mean about blogging sometimes other things in life take priority. That's the nice thing about this hobby you can pick it back up at any time in life! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page. I love the touches of mixed media you added to the background paper and imlove the vivid yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...