Sunday 22 November 2015

'Sparkle' for Blue Fern Studios, using 'Vintage Christmas'.

Hi, today we received the first taste of snow for this Winter. 
Large, fluffy white beautiful flakes fell from the skies only to turn into a less attractive wet, slightly grey mush on reaching the ground. Living in this part of Sweden we are pretty used to that. Yesterday the neighbouring villages (maybe an hour from here) got something like 8-10 inches of snow but we only got rain. I guess it's because we are right on the coast and at the very southern tip of the country. But no doubt we shall have some more snow to enjoy (and not just to look at) as the year advances and we get into Christmas mode. I'm looking forward to that!! :-)



My page today is one that I made for Blue Fern Studios using the latest lovely collection called Vintage Christmas. So many gorgeous colours and designs in that paper range. Unfortunately the pictures are not as good as I would have liked, because of the darker days here at th moment.


I used the Petal embossin-powder on the Holiday vine and the title-word 'Sparkle'. It has a soft pink tint to it that is really attractive. I cut the vine in two to elongate it to fit my page. A little bit of 'cheating' can be hidden with a few flowers :-)


As you can see I used a fair amount of the Pyrite glitter on my page as well. So much in fact that half the living-room is shiny and there is glitter in the cats fur to my daughters delight. I feel I shall have to be slightly more careful next time,.... Woops!....


I used the Winter Mint spray to colour my background and stamped a few small snowflakes here and there.



In the recent box that I got from the super generous people at Sizzix UK there was a new paper punch size large  by Tim Holtz called Laurel. I used it to punch out the small twigs/branches acattered here and there in my clusters. Pretty cute if you ask me!


From Sizzix I also got the set to make the gorgeous Poinsettas you see here. The set is the Winter Wishes Collection and even includes a small gift box (pillow-box style) and is really great value for money! Check it out HERE

That was all from me today
Thanks for looking and have a great week!

<3



3 comments:

  1. Wow, such a great Christmas lay-out! Your layered poinsettias look so beautiful and I also just love the touches of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Christmas themed page. The little leaves and brances was the first things that caught my eye. They make your flower cluster even more spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty layout! I love the flowers and branches and all the flowers too! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...